Happy Monday my darlings!! Let’s talk about curly hair…there’s levels to this stuff! Curly hair is beautiful but patience is definitely needed when caring for it. (Read my hair journey here) You can’t just roll out of bed, into the shower, get ready, and dipppp…wouldn’t that be lovely? There’s so much behind our beautiful curly heads. Here’s my list of items every curly girl should have, at all times!
- Water: We all know water is very important in our every day lives. Water effects how our body functions & how we look physically. Water also helps with our hair by stimulating hair growth. To keep our hair looking healthy and bouncy, we must drink plenty of water, ladies! Aside from drinking water, in the shower, cold water helps to seal in moisture and prevent frizz. I always rinse with my hair with cold water; I mean cold.
- Castor oil: Castor oil stimulates hair growth, we all want that, don’t we?When you massage castor oil regularly on your scalp, it boosts blood circulation to the follicles causing hair to grow, grow, grow! Castor oil also provides thickness to hair, reduces split ends, and prevents hair breakage. Before washing your hair, massage your scalp with this stuff, works wonders!In the Winters, I also use castor oil on the ends of my hair to help with dryness (a little goes along way).
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil has helped repair my hair from heat damage and breakage, read my post hereon this. I recommend to use this as a weekly hair treatment. Coconut oil also protects the scalp against dryness & itchiness, helping hair stay healthy and dandruff free!
- Wide toothcomb: The ONLY time I may use a comb is in the shower when I didn’t use coconut oil to detangle my hair. The best way to detangle your hair is using coconut oil (before washing your hair). Finger detangling is the best way to do so; you prevent hair breakage.
- Microfiber Head Wraps: The only time you can say never is when you tell your other curlfriends to NEVER use a towel to dry their hair, that’s a huge no-no! Always use microfiber towels; it helps prevent frizz and doesn’t break your hair. Plus, you can also use it to scrunch your hair after applying your hair products. You can purchase them at the dollar tree or your local beauty supply store.
- Diffuser: A diffuser defines your curl pattern and dries your hair quicker than air-drying. Every curly girl should have one! Read how I diffuse my hair here. I love diffusing my hair. Comparing the way my hair air-dries to diffusing my hair, I would always choose to diffuse. Read on how I diffuse my hair here.
- Hair Ties: Curly girls = Pretty lions! After having my curls out the whole day, I need a hair tie. Always carry hair ties with you; in your car, in your bag, in your make-up bag, you name it, have one there because you will always lose them, ha!
- Satin Hair Scarf: Who loves second day hair? The volume you get is ahh-may-zing! BUT, if you don’t care for your curls while you sleep, sorry honey it won’t look how you pictured you curls for the following day. I don’t know about you but I cannot sleep on a satin pillow, no way Jose, it’s just not the same as having a cotton pillowcase! Instead, I’ll use a satin scarf and pineapple my hair the night before.