The same love we give our skin in the winter is the same love our hair needs. Just imagine what happens to your skin when you don’t apply lotion or a butter cream in the winter? As I say, my skin starts hurting! That’s how our curls work– they need some love too, girl!
Here are a few things I make a priority in the winter to make sure my hair stays moisturized + healthy:
- Oil Scalp Massage – Before bed, I apply jojoba oil to my scalp and massage it through. This not only is adding moisture to my curls but promotes hair growth. #WinWin // You can apply oil of your choice.
- Steam hair – I recently did a post on this, here.
- Use creams/smoothies along with leave-ins – I use heavier creams in the winter along with a leave-in. A leave-in alone does not give me enough moisture.
- Protective styles – Here’s my little secret – whenever I have my hair in a braid or up in a bun, I am actually also deep conditioning. 😉
- Deep condition – This is vital in the winter and honestly year round. Deep condition twice a week and if you really don’t have that type of time, condition on the go with a protective style.
DEEP CONDITIONERS YOU SHOULD TRY