This post has been sponsored by SheaMoisture. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Having blemish-prone skin, oily skin, or problem-prone skin can be so frustrating! No one is ever excited when a pimple decides to come for a visit before a vacation or a big date. How about when you’re wearing makeup and your face is very oily? People then think you’re glowing…like no girl, I’m just oily!
During my teenage years, I suffered from really bad acne. My dermatologist would prescribe everything and nothing really worked. Fast-forward to my adult years and thankfully my problem skin has improved. I still get a pimple here and there and deal with acne-scarring (hyper pigmentation) but using the SheaMoisture African Black Soap line has done wonders for me!
If you’ve read my blog since I started, you know I always rave about SheaMoisture. They were the first curly hair products I used when transitioning and my first blog post ever. So when I was introduced to this line, I knew I could trust what I was applying to my face. The best part is that all the products are free of harsh chemicals and cruelty free.
I purchase all my products at Walmart since they carry the entire line and always have each item in stock so I never have to run elsewhere to find one of the products.
Here are the items I use & how I use each one:
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap Facial Wipes – I use these wipes to remove makeup and even when I am not wearing makeup to get rid of excess oil on my face. I love how soft the cloths are and they smell amazing! One tip I recommend is to definitely use these facial wipes before any workout even if you are not wearing makeup. When you sweat, you don’t want to mix your face oils with the sweat because that may cause you to break out.
- African Black Soap Bar – Since we’re on the topic of working out, I love to use this while in the shower to prevent bacne after a workout. I use this on my face and all over my body. This really helps for those who have a lot of dark spots and blemishes. Another alternative that I love is the body wash, it leaves my skin feeling so fresh and smooth.
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Facial Wash & Scrub – I love using this scrub to exfoliate my skin right before applying a face mask.
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap Clarifying Face Mud Mask – I use this mask whenever my skin feels dry, especially in the winter and after a flight. It keeps my face hydrated for sure! You can also buy the travel packs.
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap Blemish Prone Skin Face Mask – This mask helps control excess oil and helps with blemished skin.
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Toner – I apply the toner after washing my face with the facial scrub. If applying one of the masks, I apply this afterward using cotton rounds. This toner has really helped with balancing my skin and helping it from getting so oily.
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Moisturizer – Last but not least, applying your moisturizer! I love this one because it leaves my skin feeling so soft and clean. At night, I add a few drops of tea tree oil and apply it to my skin.
Please let me know if you try these products and how they work for you! ♥
COUPON CODE EXPIRES JULY 1, 2018
Discounts for the SheaMoisture products include:
$2.00 cash back on Bath, Body, and Facial Products
$2.00 cash back on Hair Products
$2.00 cash back on Bar Soap